You Are Here: Home» Poems , Robert Katuli » Robert Katuli: A Song For The Night

In the night I will lay down in peace
Because the Almighty will give me sweet sleep
And without a doubt the morning I will see
For my Father will sustain me through the night deep

Let me not rise up early for fear of the night
Let me not sit up late in fear of the night
But let me know that He will make me dwell in the safety of the night
And He verily will sustain me through the night

I will upon my bed remember my God
I will in the night watches meditate on my Lord
I will night unto night increase knowledge of the glory of God
I will not fear the night because it is for the Lord

In the night keeping me company shall be His songs
In the night He shall also compass me about with deliverance songs
And the saints upon their beds in the night will sing aloud His songs
For even in the night He giveth songs